Friday, January 13, 2012

Round 2

I was finally able to get the second part of my pendants fired today. Here in Houston we experienced an unexpected, Giant flood on Monday..unfortunately I had stacked my kiln shelves on the garage floor next to my kilns and the water drifted in enough to enter  into that area..just enough to dampen the shelves for several days..I didn't even realize the garage had gotten water into it, because I was stranded 10miles away in a low area that had been one of the first places to flood..what was only intended to be a short trip(35 minutes) to help a friend ,ended up with me leaving home at 9am and not being able to work my way back, like a mouse in a maze, until 3pm..I must admit, my humor failed the last 30 minutes of the ordeal..at which point all I could think about was getting home even if it required me hiking several miles threw knee deep water. Well enough of that..
 I'm revisiting my favorite images..birds and bees, playing around with a variety of shapes and glaze combinations..there are somethings that have potential, a few I won't try again..but all in all a good starting place.

3 comments:

stregata said...

Sorry to hear about the flood - glad you are alright.

EmandaJ said...

Mother Nature has a way of trying our sense of humor sometimes. I'm glad you were able to return home in the same day! Your pendants are charming and lovely!

Emanda

mairedodd said...

nan, i am so very sorry to hear about the flooding... it can be devastating...