Friday, October 14, 2011

WTH?

How is it possible...I found Another dog..Come on!!
This time a small Lhasa mix..I would like to trade in my animal Mojo for something else , please..
And typically..collar but no tag..and not chipped...NOT CHIPPED...
It costs about the same as a dinner, get your pet CHIPPED..and the chances of having your pet returned home to you ASAP is soo much greater than if they are not CHIPPED...

I think some people must not have the right mind set when acquiring a dog..if you are not in a position to have another kid..then don't get a dog..while I know that's a bit of an extreme statement.. in truth,dogs do take a lot of time and money and are a big responsibility.. they are not toys that can be thrown away when your interest has waned..they do have feelings...really
Perhaps I will start a "get it off my chest"/rant Friday..like  Andie Roonie's commentary for 60 Minutes..
ok, onward to the weekend Y'all
Happy Friday.. hope everyone has a great beading weekend..XO

5 comments:

SummersStudio said...

Not an extreme statement at all. In fact, dogs are like children who never grow up. Our dogs are family and we can not imagine not doing the right things by them. I do hope you find the owners for this new dog. It makes me quite cross when I hear things like this. But I am happy to hear that this little pup has found someone like you who will do the best you can to make things right for him. Thank you for being there for the puppers.

Yolanda M. said...

Pup's lucky to come across you. I too get mad of the irresponsible people who get animals to only realize what a big commitment they are. So much pain for them these days with so many of them abandoned everywhere. Thank you for taking this one in and hopefully will find a home, or it;s way back to it's home.

Unknown said...

Oh, Nan. People with big hearts are beacons to the lost and abandoned. My mama also has a "gift" for attracting dogs and cats but the money to care for them all is hard to come by. I hope you find new owners quickly!

Emerald Window said...

I feel your pain Sister! With me it's cats. I seem to be a magnet for abandoned feral kittens in need of bottle feeding. And then once you bottle feed them, you've bonded so much that you can't give them away. So I'm well on the way to becoming a crazy cat lady.
For my dog karma, I have recently started my one-woman homeless dog crusade. I see homeless people on nearly every corner with their signs saying "Anything Helps" and "God Bless". But what kills me is when they have a dog with them. So I bought a big bag of dogfood, divied it up into gallon ziplock bags and added a milkbone for a treat and I keep a couple in the front seat for those pooches on the corner with their "Will look sad for food" signs.

EmandaJ said...

Hi Nan, The pup is lucky to have you and I do hope you are able to find a home for him/?her. Emerald Window mentioned homeless people with dogs -- well, I seem to recall that there have been studies done in England, that have found the homeless people who are allowed to keep their dogs were more able to "keep it together" (mentally) longer and less likely to suffer from the loneliness and isolation that comes with homelessness. I can't find the link to the study, but it really impressed me when I read about it.

God bless your kind heart and best wishes for money mojo!
Emanda