Thursday, December 30, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

greenware going into the kiln this morning, and yes there is a buffalo in the herd

I can't believe this year 2010 has only a few days left.. Seems 2o1o has passed faster than any other year. The other evening, New Year's Resolutions were the topic of discussion , of course,Get Organized was a common commitment..but how many years have I resolved to get into the organized state, so far i have not become a citizen.

While this year has been loaded with challenges, it's also brought with it some wonderful things ..one of which was getting involved with the bead community and Beading Blogs. Lori Anderson's amazing Bead Soup Party introduced me to a wonderful group of interesting and creative people.

Which brings about my second NY's R..
My Etsy shop..Spirited Earth , changed from being filled with rattles to a shop selling ceramic beads..something for which I am thrilled. However , up until now,it's been more of a hobby with my other ceramic business taking up most of my time( whatever that might be when not dealing with family )so my second resolution this new year will be to focus more on the shop and keep at least 2 dozen items listed at all times..

I took advantage of yesterdays Huge storm( which dumped over 3 inches of rain in my area yesterday) to work in the studio..there are almost 100 assorted focals and about 50 small beads in the kilns this morning..

I want to thank everyone for being so welcoming and supportive this past year.. I love the beading community ,You are the best..have a great New Year.

10 comments:

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

100 focals? wow, I worked some too but only made 5 pairs of earrings. I admire your resolutions for 2011 and hope you fulfill them....may you have good luck and good health in the coming year and make those beautiful beads....

mairedodd said...

how could such a wonderful and talented woman not be welcomed? you have been one of the memorable people from my year... cannot wait to see what you have coming out of that kiln - what an incredibly productive day!

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to snagging a few goodies...but I know I've got to be quick.

Good luck with the N Y R, I don't even pretend to set one anymore.

Happy New Year

Emerald Window said...

Oh Dear Goddesses! I got so excited looking at your kiln bits. I love that rabbit! Will be checking your shop regularly.
Cenya

sharon said...

This photo gives me chills, of excitement! You are so talented, and I am so glad to share blogging and friendship with you!

Shelly said...

oh, I love the owl and the bee!!!! gorgeous work!

stregata said...

Sounds like you have made a NYR that will make a lot of people happy. Just looking at the greenware gives me tingles.
But I agree about the year wizzing past - seems it was just January...

fanciful devices said...

Yeah, we are cool, hu? but are we better than the bowl-making community? now i want all the skinny on other random communities. like people who make socks with toes or those who make miniature top hats... or howabout those people who make all those ladyparts pendants? what's up w/all those vajayjays?
eh... babbling now. Can't wait to see the buffalo. I had a 'where's waldo' moment w/that.

Pretty Things said...

I just want to sweep all those focals into my lap -- whispering "my precioussssss" over and over.

I'm thrilled beyond all reason that making beads and pendants has worked for you. I can hardly believe you haven't been doing this forever. I've loved everything of yours I've purchased, and my customers adore them, too. You've got a special talent, and as I see your work in others creations, I know you've touched a lot of artists as well!

2011 is going to be a big year for you!

Angel Whisperer said...

And we are very grateful to have Your beads (works of art) in our jewelry and drawers ( :-) )
and I am also very happy to have those nice conversations with You over the internet
Thank You Nan for 2010 and I am sure 2011 will be a good year for us artists and creative souls!